Thinking about launching Genius Hour in your classroom? Here are 10 picture book ideas to help get you and your students motivated to pursue your passions!
1. Rosie Revere, Engineer by Andrea Beaty
2. Iggy Peck, Architect by Andrea Beaty
Yes, this is the same series. And yes, it's worth it to purchase both!
3. The Ok Book by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
This one is especially great for younger students.
4. On a Beam of Light: A Story of Albert Einstein by Jennifer Berne
If you're looking to inspire students with real people, this story about Albert Einstein fits the bill!
5. Going Places by Peter and Paul Reynolds
If you loved The Dot or Ish by Peter H. Reynolds, then you'll love this one, too!
6. The Most Magnificent Thing by Ashley Spires
7. What Do You Do With an Idea? by Kobi Yamada
8. What Do You Do With a Problem? by Kobi Yamada
This is Yamada's newest book and it's just as wonderful as What Do You Do With a Problem.
9. I Wonder by Annaka Harris
On this one, you can even watch the book trailer!
10. Beautiful Oops by Barney Saltzberg
Do you have students who struggle with a fixed mindset? Help them move to a growth mindset with this book. It's all about learning to mistakes work!